Monday, December 5, 2011

Just a quick update!

Well there haven't been any super-exciting trips in the last week or two, just mundane old schoolwork and hanging out in the city, but I'm sure not complaining :)

We had some weather that was very reminiscent of the good ole Pacific Northwest for a while there (you know, grey, dreary, altogether very depressing), but last weekend, and this one, we have had the most beautiful sunny days.  It's been absolutely spectacular.  And unnaturally warm.  It's freaking my Slovakian flatmate out a fair bit, because it has been in the 40s all this weekend, and today.  Which, for December in Prague, is pretty much unheard of

In any case, Christmas markets in Prague are still in full swing, and absolutely beautiful at night with the twinkling lights and the Christmas trees!  Martha and I took a stroll through the market at our square this weekend (after a ridiculous adventure trying to find a drug store that was open on the weekends.. apparently they close at 1pm on Saturdays.. sometimes this city baffles me.).  It was so busy with people socializing, looking at the crafts, enjoying some mulled wine or třdelník or pancakes (they're pretty much crepes, except made from potatoes).  It is so great!  I wish we had them in the states.  With all the sunshine this weekend the market was especially crowded with people taking advantage of the beautiful days.

In short-- I love this city just as much as the day I moved here.  Despite some cold, rain and grey days, it has treated me pretty well so far.  

Now, I just have to survive finals (yikes) and all will be well. :)
Can't wait for my parents to come in only  2 1/2 weeks!!
Much love!
<3 Alyssa  

PS.  you know those annoying ads that pop up on the side of websites/blogs?  I get a few cents per click, so if you're feeling generous.. I will soon be a starving college grad who will need all the funds I can get. :)

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! I'm so looking forward to you coming back! And graduating. ^_^ But not so much to being a poor starving college grad.

    <3! You can make it through finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i can't believe how fast your time abroad is going! i feel like we were just hanging out in chicago together the other day! i'm so glad you're still as in love with the city as when you got there - i think that isn't the case for a lot of study abroaders :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite pic you've taken so far is you at the base of the steps with the statues. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the Christmas markets in person! :)

    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete